Dr. Patrick Mwamba Hair Transplant,
hair restoration clinic located at 73 Rue Defacqz 1060 Bruxelles Belgium.
Dr. Patrick Mwamba
Dr. Mwamba is one of the most celebrated names in hair transplantation. He is well respected in our community and also among his peers in the medical hair restoration industry. For almost a decade, Dr. Mwamba has consistently published top quality hair transplant results that earn him the highest accolade in the world of hair restoration.
Dr. Mwamba's unparalleled success came from his diverse background and vast experiences that were honed with some of the world's top hair transplant surgeons for well over a decade.
Dr. Patrick Mwamba received his medical degree from the Catholic University of Louvain, Belgium in 1998. In 2000, Dr. Mwamba moved to the United States and began working with Dr. John P. Cole at New Hair Institute (NHI and MHR) in Atlanta, Georgia as well as other world renowned physicians including Dr. Paul T. Rose, and Dr. Jean Devroye.
Building on a solid foundation in microscopic Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) with some of the most reputable surgeons during the early stages of his career, Dr. Mwamba is also constantly at the forefront in deploying new technologies and treatment protocols for his patients. Dr. Mwamba's unyielding quest for advancement led him to become one of the early developers and pioneers of the minimally invasive Follicular Isolation Technique (FIT), also known as Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE). Today, Dr. Mwamba is one of the very few physicians in the world who is truly well versed and skillful in both strip and FUE techniques. Due to the huge demand for FIT/FUE techniques and their advantages over traditional strip procedures, Dr. Mwamba’s work is largely dedicated to this specialty nowadays.
In 2006, Dr. Mwamba started his own private medical practice, World Hair Transplant Center (myWHTC) in Brussels, Belgium. The practice is dedicated exclusively to hair restoration surgery and employs the finest technologies and the most cutting edge techniques. Dr. Mwamba finds his life’s work to be as challenging as it is rewarding and he constantly strives to create a joyful and productive environment for both his patients and his staff.
Dr. Mwamba is known for his kind demeanor, meticulous attention to detail, and keen aesthetic sensibility. He embodies the very essence of what a doctor should be in every person's mind.
Among some of the advanced hair restoration treatments offered at Dr. Mwamba's clinic are:
- Follicular unit extraction (FUE) or FIT;
- Body hair transplant (BHT);
- Beard hair transplant;
- Eyebrow transplant;
- Hair transplant repair;
- Strip scars repair;
- ACell cell or wound regenerative treatment;
- TriWings LED light hair growth stimulation;
Publications and peer-reviewed presentations:
- 2010: Body Hair Transplant (BHT); Different Techniques in Hair Transplant Surgery; FIT/FUE Myths, European Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons (ESHRS) Annual Congress.
- 2006: Calculated density with Follicular Isolation Technique (FIT), ISHRS Annual Scientific Meeting.
- 2005: Transection rate with Follicular Isolation Technique (FIT), European Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons (ESHRS) Annual Congress.
- 2002: Stereoscopic microscope: hair transplant marketing tool or necessity for great results?; Assisting surgeons in hair transplantation, ISHRS Annual Scientific Meeting.
- 2001: Transection rate with multi-blade vs. single blade strip harvesting; Hair angulations in different regions of the scalp, International Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons (ISHRS) Annual Scientific Meeting.
Recent patient results from Dr. Mwamba's clinic:
- 805 FUE grafts by FIT patchy shaven - this patient, 28 years old, with blonde, straight hairs was looking for ways to improve his hair line density. He is Norwood 2A in hair loss scale (thinning in frontal hair line). He was on Propecia and Rogaine for 5 years to prevent the progression of hair loss.
- Female procedure 2699 grafts FUHT strip - this female patient had a larger forehead so the hairline was lowered to add proportional balance to the face. Dr. Patrick Mwamba, MD, meticulously transplanted follicular unit grafts onto the frontal hairline. The female hairline has to be restored with finesse. It shouldn't be hidden under any infamous hat appendage to conceal any facet of any female's natural beauty and appeal. A feminine hairline also has to be one of the most distinguishing features to contribute to a female's appearance.
- Plug removal and 1500 follicular units to hairline - 16 weeks post op. This patient sought out WHTC clinic after having a strip harvested at a non-reputable hair transplant clinic. The patient decided to have the strip performed to lower the hairline because it was raised by a facelift procedure.