Rahal Hair Transplant
servicing men and women with hair loss and thinning hair in the Ottawa, Montreal and Toronto areas.
Dr. Rahal - Hair Transplant Graft Growth Rate:
Graft Growth Timeline
1-12 days post-op
- Each patient is different but the average patient can expect some mild swelling in the forehead area. The swelling usually begins on day three and is completely gone by the day six mark.
- The patient also develops scabs at the recipient sites and these usually fall off between 10 – 14 days.
- Any redness that has lingered after the surgery is usually gone by day seven and the recipient area is slightly pinkish for the next few weeks.
12-14 days post-op
- Between 12 – 14 days after the surgery the sutures are ready to be removed. This process can be performed by Dr. Rahal or by your local doctor or medical clinic.
3-5 weeks post-op
- Three weeks or so after your procedure you may begin to experience some shedding of the transplanted hairs. This is completely normal and is to be expected. This occurs due to the temporary dormant phase that all hair grafts go through after any hair restoration procedure
1-3 months post-op
- The average patient can expect to see a few new hair sprouts coming through the surface of the scalp.
- This new growth period varies from patient to patient but the average is three months. .
- The new hair will be thin and fine but will thicken over time to grow through the scalp.
5-6 months post-op
- By the fifth to sixth month after the procedure the patient can expect to see substantial new growth. The new hair will be approximately two to three inches in length and the hair shaft will begin to thicken.
8-10 months post-op
- Between months eight and ten the patient will see a big difference. The hair will be longer and much thicker and the overall appearance will be one of greater density than even a few months before.
1 year post-op
- Usually at the one year mark from the procedure the patient will be at the maximum level of density
- The hair that is now growing will continue to grow for the rest of the patient's life and can be cut and styled in any manner.
Dr. Rahal Hair Transplant Video Results
Dr. Rahal hair transplant, amazing high definition video footage and transformation, see what 2989 grafts can do for temporal recession, patient is 1 year post op. Click hair transplant video to watch.
Dr. Rahal hair transplant for patient with diffuse thinning on top and in the frontal area. Video results is 11 months post op after 3976 grafts. Results are extremely natural and undetectable with little or no signs of hair transplantation. Click hair transplant video to watch.