Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/hairsite/public_html/hair-loss/functions.php on line 155
Hair Loss Forum -

March 2017 - Trending Topics in our new forum

 Stem cell hair restoration results - Dr. Cole vs Histogen vs RepliCel.
 Dr. Paul Kemp, CEO of HairClone answers questions about follicle banking.
 RepliCel year 2017 forecast for RCH-01 cell based hair regeneration.
 Dr. Cole to start stem cell hair restoration trial in the US.
 Dr. Umar's 6500 grafts life saving repair procedure for transplant victim.
 FUE donor harvesting, what you must know when choosing a clinic.
 Dr. Koray Erdogan raises the standard in FUE artistry skills.
 Dr. Arvind on how to formulate your own toxic free shampoo.
 Conference & FREE hair restoration consultations; cities worldwide.

This is a READ ONLY forum.
Access our brand new platform at HairSite New Forum to continue the discussion on these topics that you are interested in. All contents and discussions have been transferred to our new forum at
  HairSite New Forum

Log in | User | Register

Avodart and DHT levels. (Drugs & Medications)

posted by brm, his room, 19.01.2008, 00:02

Look at the first graph. Consider the 0.1 and 1mg curves. Since I guess your daily dose of avo is the standard 0.5mg you have to interpolate and roughly take an average of those two.
0.1mg: DHT suppression=100-40=60% So, you're asking: how long for the DHT level to regain half of the "lost" value. This would be 30%. So 40 + 30 = 70% The curves says: day 45 -50. So roughly 48. And the answer is: at a 0.1mg daily intake for 28 days, cutting avo altogether will cause the DHT to regain half of its baseline value in 48-28= 20 days (3 weeks). And the DHT will back to normal at day 65, so that is after 65-28=37 days after quitting the drug.
1mg: The suppressed dht is around 90% since the average remaining percentage is 10% (read the curve). And it says that on day 84 ( that is 84-28=56 days after quitting) the DHT is 40% of its baseline value. So it has NOT YET got back half of the lost ground.
Since they chart 0.1 1 and 10 mg curves, they may assume that the interpolation should be done logarithmically. So as a conclusion, we could say that by their results, taking 0.5 mg of dut daily (which must be your case) would give some 75% of DHT suppression and that you would be around 40% at day 60. So the DHT should have taken half of its lost points around a month after quitting. 2-3 months or more (?) should probably be needed for the dht to be back at its pre drug level.




brm is located in HIS ROOM and he is available to meet: YES
email hairsite@aol.com to arrange a meeting.


Complete thread:

120100 Postings in 12546 Threads, 6050 registered users
Hair Loss Forum | Admin contact

 
This is a READ ONLY forum.
Access our brand new platform at HairSite New Forum to continue the discussion on these topics. All contents and discussions have been transferred to
HairSite New Forum

Disclosure: This is an advertising site for our paid sponsors & advertisers. The contents, videos & photos on HairSite are provided by paid sponsors and are not endorsed by HairSite in any way. The recommendations, results, and representations made by our sponsors/advertisers do not reflect the opinions of HairSite. This site is to showcase successful hair restoration results only. It is not the mandate of this site to engage in the discussion of failed, unsuccessful procedures, lawsuits, litigations or complaint cases; comments of such nature, including external links, may be removed from the forum. Notify hairsite@aol.com any false, defamatory, misleading or inappropriate user generated contents for immediate removal from the forum. Also read Terms of Use & Privacy Statement |  HairSite advertisers: ASMED | Dr. Bhatti | Dr. Bisanga | Dr. Cole | Dr. Hakan Doganay | Dr.Epstein | Dr. Jones | Dr. Halder | Hasson & Wong | Dr. Klein | Dr. Madhu | Dr. Mwamba | Dr. Donald Ng| Dr. Poswal | Dr. Rahal | Dr. Razack | Dr. Reddy | Dr. Umar | Dr. Woods | DHI Global | HDC Clinic | |Lasercomb | Reviva Clinic | Ziering Medical|