Hair Transplant Pre Surgery
pre-operation instructions offered by Sure Hair International, with surgical facilities at 2115 Finch Ave West, Suite #401, Toronto, ON M3N 2V6
Pre Operative Instructions
Sure Hair International Scalp Stretching Exercises.
Start doing this as early as you can before your surgery. Get into the habit of doing this rigorously for about five minutes twice a day until your surgery date. Start with neck stretches: bend you neck until your chin touches your chest. Hold for ten seconds. Repeat ten times. Bend your head backwards as for as you can go comfortably. Hold for ten seconds. Repeat ten times.
Concentrate more on the back than the sides but make sure you get it all. The reason for doing this is to give more laxity for more grafts and to allow the surgeon to have more tissue for a better close of the donor area.
Clasp your hands and place on the back of your skull. Find the area on your skull that has the ridge running along the back (occipital protuberance). Place your hands slightly above this ridge with your palms flat.
You want to “pull” your hands forward toward your forehead while at the same time moving your scalp up and down. Press hard enough against your head so that your scalp moves and your hands don’t simply slip over your hair.
You don’t want to forget the sides.
The general idea is to stretch and squeeze the scalp up and down as well as to side to side.
Another similar approach is to:
1) You can use your finger tips of both hands to dig into the scalp at the back of the head and squeeze the tissue together towards the middle. Squeeze the tissue together, hold for few seconds and then repeat. Do this for about five minutes. Then:
2) Bend your neck back as far it will comfortably go. Use the same technique was in1 to squeeze and stretch scalp together in an effort to loosen it.
Surgery to be performed by: Sure Hair Medical Team
1. No alcohol, wine, beer, recreational drugs, monosodium glutamate (MSG) or controlled substances one week prior to surgery. If you are currently taking any medication please advise the medical staff of the medications you are taking. Please advise the clinic if there is any medical information we should be aware of
2. Do not take any aspirin (A.S.A) or derivatives i.e. 222’s, Anacin, bufferin and some cold remedies should be stopped ten days before surgery. Tylenol may be taken.
3. We advise that you take 500 mg of vitamin “C” per day, one week prior to surgery.
4. No vitamin “E” or “B” complex for one week prior to surgery. Note: Vitamin “E” is present in daily vitamins, nuts and wheat germs. No Omega 3, 6 and 9 supplements 1 week prior to surgery.
5. Stop using Minoxidil (Rogaine, Apogaine) 3 weeks prior to surgery
6. Stop the use of a laser comb
7. Do not cut your hair prior to surgery.
8. Wash your hair well prior to surgery.
9. No more than one cup of coffee on the day of surgery.
10. Be sure to eat a substantial meal prior to surgery.
11. Avoid stressful work and activities prior to surgery. Do not lift weights 24 hours prior to surgery.
12. Try to have a good night’s sleep the night before surgery.
13. Wear a button shirt (no pull over or T-shirts***)
14. Bring a large baseball cap that opens at the back if you would like to wear a hat after the surgery. Please ensure that it is adjustable.