Hair Loss & Hair Regrowth - Research, Studies, Trials
World's largest archive for hair loss and hair regrowth related research, clinical studies, trials and more.
Cell based, Tissue Engineering & Gene Therapy for Hair Loss
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
- GAS6 - Treatment for hair loss caused by chronic stress.
Hair Loss & Hair Regrowth Agents - TOPICAL administration
- Finasteride (5 alpha reductase inhibitor)
- Topical Finasteride works nearly as well as oral Finasteride in treating hair loss
- Double blinded efficacy and safety study: 3% minoxidil vs 3% minoxidil + 0.1% Finasteride combo
- Topical Finasteride as a safe and promising treatment that reduces hair loss, increases terminal hair count.
- Delivering topical Finasteride via powder carrying micro-needles shows higher efficacy in hair growth.
- Compare efficacy of different delivery vehicles for topical Finasteride.
- Self-wounding or Microneedling
- Anti-androgen or Androgen Blocker
- Kintor Pharmaceutical - Pyrilutamide (KX-826): a topical androgen receptor (AR) antagonist that can inhibit the combination of androgen receptor and androgen in hair follicle sebaceous glands with the goal of treating androgentic alopecia or pattern baldness.
- Kintor Pharmaceutical announces that phase II trial target for Pyrilutamide ("KX-826") was met in terms of safety and efficacy for the treatment of androgenetic alopecia. Phase III trial is scheduled to begin in Q4, 2021.
Hair Loss & Hair Regrowth Agents - Oral Administration
- Oral Minoxidil
- Corticosteroids (anti-inflammatory agent)
Miscellaneous topics on Hair Loss, Hair Restoration Research
- We now have proof why stress induces hair loss. Study shows that stress hormone corticosterone regulates hair follicle stem cell dormancy in mice. Under chronic stress, elevated levels of corticosterone extend hair follicle stem cell dormancy and maintain hair follicles in a prolonged resting phase.