Hair Loss & Hair Regrowth - Research, Studies, Trials
World's largest archive for hair loss and hair regrowth related research, clinical studies, trials and more.
Cell based, Tissue Engineering & Gene Therapy for Hair Loss
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
- Hair Beads (HBs): hair follicle germs for regeneration
- Yokohama University, Japan - Kageyama et al - preparation of germ like tissues for hair regeneration purposes.
- Hair Beads (HBs), a scalable way to multiply hair follicles efficiently and effectively in mice could pave the way for a new hair regrowth treatment for humans.
- Bead Based Hair Follicle Germ (bbHFG) - holds the future to a possible cure for hair loss.
- GAS6 - Treatment for hair loss caused by chronic stress.
Hair Loss & Hair Regrowth Agents - TOPICAL administration
- Finasteride (5 alpha reductase inhibitor)
- Topical Finasteride works nearly as well as oral Finasteride in treating hair loss
- Double blinded efficacy and safety study: 3% minoxidil vs 3% minoxidil + 0.1% Finasteride combo
- Topical Finasteride as a safe and promising treatment that reduces hair loss, increases terminal hair count.
- Delivering topical Finasteride via powder carrying micro-needles shows higher efficacy in hair growth.
- Compare efficacy of different delivery vehicles for topical Finasteride.
- Self-wounding or Microneedling
- Anti-androgen or Androgen Blocker
- Kintor Pharmaceutical - Pyrilutamide (KX-826): a topical androgen receptor (AR) antagonist that can inhibit the combination of androgen receptor and androgen in hair follicle sebaceous glands with the goal of treating androgentic alopecia or pattern baldness.
- Kintor Pharmaceutical announces that phase II trial target for Pyrilutamide ("KX-826") was met in terms of safety and efficacy for the treatment of androgenetic alopecia. Phase III trial is scheduled to begin in Q4, 2021.
Hair Loss & Hair Regrowth Agents - Oral Administration
- Oral Minoxidil
- Corticosteroids (anti-inflammatory agent)
- Baricitinib (an oral JAK inhibitor first developed for Rheumatoid arthritis)
- Eli Lilly's baricitinib now in phase III trial, potentially the first ever oral medication to be approved by FDA for treating alopecia areata.
- Eli Lilly's Olumiant® (baricitnib) reports 80% hair regrowth in their phase III trial for alopecia areata patients after 24 weeks of use.
- Pfizer's Allergo now in phase II/III trial: another potential treatment for alopecia areata using JAK inhibitor.
Hair Loss in General, Hair Restoration Research
- Link between hair loss and Covid-19
- New finds suggest a link between hair loss and Covid-19 and the key takeaway from this.
- Novel biomarker linked to hair loss can determine COVID severity in men.
- Androgenetic alopecia in COVID-19: Compared to age-matched epidemiologic studies and hospital outcomes with or without the Gabrin sign.
- Androgenetic alopecia present in the majority of patients hospitalized with COVID-19.
- A preliminary observation: Male pattern hair loss among hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Spain – A potential clue to the role of androgens in COVID-19 severity.
- We now have proof why stress induces hair loss. Study shows that stress hormone corticosterone regulates hair follicle stem cell dormancy in mice. Under chronic stress, elevated levels of corticosterone extend hair follicle stem cell dormancy and maintain hair follicles in a prolonged resting phase.
- Diabetes & hair loss